What is this about? - Search your WikidPad-Wikis with Google Desktop (and optionally access them remotely)
You can obtain Google Desktop here, for free: http://desktop.google.com
Problem: Google Desktop doesn't search .wiki-files!
With the following plugins you can tell Google Desktop to treat .wiki-files as plain text files:
- Halftone Search for Google Desktop: http://desktop.google.com/plugins/i/advancedtoolbox.html?hl=en
- anytextfileindexer: http://desktop.google.com/plugins/i/anytextfileindexer.html?hl=en
How can I access my wikis remotely with Google Desktop?
Google Desktop shows me only results in files I changed after Google Desktop was installed. Re-indexing doesn't help. Any help on this?
Proposed solution, not tested: "touch" all files to with a touch-utility: http://www.jddesign.f2s.com/touchpro.htm (although I prefer the unix type binaries compiled for Win32, off http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ ) or http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ ("touch" can be found in "coreutils" package http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm )
Windows Desktop Search Note
"wiki" files can be indexed and searched by WDS easily. Just follow those steps:
- open the "Windows Desktop Search Options" dialog and go to the "Advanced -> File Types" Section.
- Look for ".wiki" on the list and make sure it is selected as "Index Properties and File Contents" and is of type "Plain text filter".
- After the index is updated - you can get search results from your "wiki" files.