Simple installation instructions for Mac OSX (Intel)
Installing wikidPad is quite easy. You have to install two packages and one application. That's it. The installation has been tested under OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), but should also work under OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
The packages are python (a scripting language) and wxPython (a ui library for python). The application is wikidPad itself.
- download python version 2.6.x from http://www.python.org (direct link to version 2.6.3: http://python.org/ftp/python/2.6.3/python-2.6.3-macosx.dmg)
- download wxPython for python 2.6 unicode version from http://www.wxpython.org (direct link to version 184.108.40.206: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-220.127.116.11-universal-py2.6.dmg)
- download wikidPad for OS X (direct link to version 2.0beta09_1: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wikidpad/WikidPad-2.0beta09_1.dmg)
- open python dmg and install the package
- open wxPython dmg and install the package
- open wikidPad dmg and copy wikidPad to the application folder
- go to the application folder and double click wikidPad
- besides reading the manual, that was all
- Font too small? No problem. Position you cursor inside the editor window of wikidPad and press the zoom button located at the toolbar
- Detailed instructions and background informations can be found here